Gunpla is everything related to Gundams.
Gundams are from Japan and pre-date Transformers.
In addition to the models you can build, there are also cartoons and lore to get into should you wish to find out more about the Gundam history.
Before you embark on this exciting and fulfilling hobby, it does help if you have somewhere where you can work and some kind of magnification available for working with those small parts.
My setup is as follows:
- Fold away picnic table
- A1 cutting mat
- Mounted magnifying glass/lamp combination
- Large tweezers
- Small tweezers
- Snipping tool
- Soldering iron kit (not for soldering just for a second pair of hands)
- Super Glue (for the inevitable mistakes where things snap)
- Decal Soft to apply the transfer decals
- Gorilla Glue (just in case)
- Small Phillips screwdriver.
Not shown are cotton buds (for decals) and a mobile phone opening tool (to prise open assembled pieces to correct mistakes)
You can begin building without any of the above – but they sure make life easier!
Discuss Gunpla here :
- No Topics